Starting a new dairy farm is not only a good financial decision but it is also good for the health and for the environment. If you have a dairy farm in Ontario, you may be financially rewarded because it is a good business.
But you have to take care of your dairy farm as well. When you take care of the cleanliness and hygiene of your cows, you obtain milk that is safe and healthy. You can sell that milk or can make different dairy products.
By the way, if you love to keep horses, then here you check how to make a 3 sided horse shelter.
Why Dairy Farming is Good?
Here are some basic points that show why the business of dairy farming is good for the businessman and for the environment.
- Control what your cows consume: When you have your own dairy farm, you can control what your cows consume. If you feed your cows with organic products, the milk you get will be healthy for you.
- Prepare your own dairy products: You can prepare different dairy products for yourself, for kids, and for the seniors. You can prepare organic and pure butter, yogurt, cheese, and much more.
- Health benefits: When you have healthy organic products and that is too with full control over the quality, it is a great health benefit. Milk is good for the kids and makes the bones strong. It is also great nutrition for people over 60 years of age.
- Financial benefits: This is an obvious advantage of setting up your own dairy farm. Different companies might contact you to buy milk from your farm. Or, you can reach your local market as well to deliver the milk and other dairy products yourself.
- Benefits for the environment: Farmers reuse the waste and manure that help in cleaning the environment and it also improves the soil’s productivity.
Why You Should Keep Dairy Farm Clean?
There is a lot of waste material in the dairy farm and the cow dung is not good for the health. Here are some important benefits of keeping the dairy farm clean:
- Clean Cows Clean Milk: When you keep your cows clean and provide them with a clean environment in your dairy farm, you will get super clean milk that is good for your health. If you don’t take care of your dairy farm, then the milk you obtain might have unhealthy materials.
- Cows Safety: When you take care of your dairy farm and regularly clean the walkways, it is good for the cows as well. If you don’t take care of the walkways in the dairy farm, cows may slip and it could be dangerous for them.
- Workers Safety: You have workers in the dairy farm as well so keeping the dairy farm clean is good for the workers as well.
- Healthy Environment: When you continuously recycle and/or remove the cow’s dung and other waste materials, you help the environment. If you don’t take care of your dairy farm, you may have a bad odor and the atmosphere will not be good for breathing.
How to Take Care of Dairy Farm in Ontario?
You should consider these important tips to keep your dairy farm in good condition.
- Check Broken Gates: Dairy farm renovation is very important. In this regard, look for the walkways that are built for the cows. If there are any broken gates, get them repaired.
- Check for Sharp Turns: If there are any sharp turns in your yard design, it could be dangerous for the cows. They can slip their or any broken pipes can hurt them in these turns. Fix any broken pipes and re-design the walkways to remove sharp turns.
- Repaint the Farm: Paint is good to fight extreme weather conditions. It is good to re-paint the farm in order to take care of your dairy farm in Ontario. If you are not good at DIY painting, then you should look for expert barn painters in Hamilton.
- Maintain Dairy Equipment: Keep checking the dairy equipment regularly. You should check and repair any faults in the machinery on time.
- Dairy Management Software: Another way to take care of your dairy farm in Ontario, is to use dairy management software. Professional software will not only help to reduce your manual work, but it will also guide you on how to grow your business.